Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rainy Day Thoughts

As I type, the rain is just pouring down outside. POURING. Fall is definitely here in my neck of the woods! I absolutely adore the fall - rain n' all.

First, let me just say that I absolutely LOVED reading all of your responses to my last post. You all are "teh awesome" in my books. What I also loved? That we could all be taking different routes, but that it was totally okay. We're all out here to support each other. No matter what. You rock my socks, Internetz.

Exactly a week today I will turn 35. 35, Internetz, can you believe it?!

Now I've never been one to lament my age. I had no issues turning 30 or 29 for that matter. I figure that for every year that I get older, I get to celebrate another year of being on this earth, and that to me is a good thing.

Now I won't lie. The whole 35 thing occasionally lets those "EVER! DIMINISHING! FERTILITY!" thoughts creep into my head. But usually I tell them to suck it, because there are far too many fabulous women out there who have proven that age doesn't always mean "the end" for fertility.

But, next week! Another year older! Is it weird that I'm kind of excited?

Hope you are well, Internetz! Oh and to the follower or two who abandoned ship on following my blog? Well you're going to be missing out - because the best is yet to come!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday! Any big plans for the big day? It's raining here, too. We're getting some kind of crazy tropical depression. I hope it's followed by nice, cool fall weather!

Kristin said...

Anyone who jumped ship is just plain crazy. I'm in for the long haul because I gotta see how this story turns out.

Stephanie said...

Its fall in KY too but thankfully rain free so far! Yay for being excited, I must say as an almost 28 year old, I'm not sure how I'll feel when I get there, but I can foresee issues when I turn the big 3-0, especially if by then we're still babyless...that would mean 3 years of TTC without a success. I'm glad you're able to stay positive about it and know that age is just a number and doesn't really mean a thing! Now if I could take my own advice ;)

Anonymous said...

You're handling 35 far better than I did...I'm impressed. Those thoughts also crept into my head. Sigh...how do we make them go away? of course I'm not doing much better with the prospect of 36 either...sigh.

Rach said...

Happy early B-day!

Holly Christine said...

Happy early birthday lady!!

BigP's Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

And as much as I want to remember and come back and tell you again next week because you are so super special I'm just not that good. My remember-er is broken. So remind me to remember to wish it to you again, ok?!

And I'm already dreading by birthday next month. We can just ignore it. It has a zero and a three and I'm not ready to not be in my twenties anymore.

Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday!

Chelle said...

I seriously LOVE people who view each day as a gift. I have gotten to be that way, and it makes life so much more enjoyable.

35 is nothing in the fertility sphere. You can still totally get pregnant and have a healthy happy baby. Now if you were 60, we might need to have a chat.

and baby makes 4 said...

Age. Shmage. Live it up. Eat cake til you puke. Put the baby-making in your pocket for another day.

Fran said...

Oh I hear you my friend on the 35! I was sure I had to be pregnant by then or the sky would have fallen on me...but you may recall that actually the 34th have been my worst year so far! Glad I turned 35 eventually and it's looking good! Love, Fran

I Blog With Conceive

Favourite Blog

Legal Stuff

Oh hey there. Just a friendly reminder that this is my own personal blog, written and edited by yours truly. Any views expressed are my own. I know they say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but hey, if you really like something on here, please send me an email and ask first. I'd do the same for you. Thanks!

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP