First up, I have to thank the amazing bloggers of The Pitter-Patter, Wait, What?, Liberal Granola Girl's blog and last, but certainly not least, Everyone else but me for this lovely Kreativ Blogger award! These ladies are all amazing, if you have not checked out their blogs yet, please go on over and have a visit!
Here are the rules that accompany this esteemed honor:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.Okay, so here's seven things about me that you probably don't know:
1. I am an only child. No I'm not spoiled rotten. My theory is that when you're a "lonely only" you're stuck doing *all* the chores, etc. No splitting them up to share. So there! It's also why I was hoping that I'd be able to have more than one child myself someday. But here's just hoping for at least one now!2. I hate raisins. Harsh, yes, but "nature's candy" my ass. I don't like them on their own, I don't like them in things. Butter tarts? Why ruin them with raisins? Same goes for an oatmeal cookie.
3. I am constantly ribbed about said raisin hating at work. Yeah, we don't have anything else to do.4. Horror movies, haunted houses, and the like scare the living hell out of me to this day. I avoid horror movies like the plague even though Irish Boy loves them. Unless you want me sleeping with the lights on for a month afterwards, I'm best to just stay away.
5. If I wasn't in my current job, I'd love to have explored broadcasting. I've always been told I have an "amazing voice for radio." Sadly I have a face that matches!6. I am in love with our gas stove. We bought it when we moved into our house and up until that point, I'd only ever had/used electric ones. I will never go back.
7. Learning to make bread is on my current wish list of "Things I Need to Learn." So is knitting. Hopefully I can say that I've tackled one of these before Christmas.Now...onto award #2. (Am I the only one giggling at the fact that I just typed #2. Heh. Sorry, "Family Guy" humour.)
Thank you again to the very lovely, Fran, of Everyone else but me for the honours! Know that the feeling is mutual! I really cannot say enough wonderful things about Fran. She is always so thoughtful in her comments and I really feel like she's cheering me - and you - on. Thanks for that, Fran! She's also compassionate, caring, and is taking her experiences to reach out to others. You need to check out her blog to learn more about this. She's just an all round amazing person.
Here are the rules:
1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award and write a little bit about why you love them.
2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4-Nominate no more than 17 people (why 17?) who you love or you think could use some love.
5. Write one word (you can only use a word once) about what you love about their blog.
6. You cannot nominate someone who has already been nominated-the love has to spread to all.
7-Post links to the 17 blogs you nominate.
8-Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
17!? Okay, since I know many of you have been receiving these wonderful awards, I'm going to veer away from my usual "Type A" personality and break the rules! If you haven't received one of these awards and want to take part, please accept one or both of these from me! But, to play somewhat fair, here are 17 words that come to mind when I think of all of my lovely blogger friends out there: honest, courageous, hilarious, witty, kind, compassionate, strong, brave, intelligent, thoughtful, encouraging, passionate, brilliant, beautiful, realistic, optimistic, hopeful.