Monday, September 13, 2010

Overjoyed

Internetz, one of the great joys of blogging and other social network venues is that I get the privilege of following your stories, cheering you on, celebrating with you in the good times and crying with you in the difficult ones. It is amazing how words on a screen become so much more than that. They become a living, breathing person. They become a friend.

It has been exciting in the last few months as a number of long-awaited BFP's have been announced. There has also been great sadness with losses in the world of infertility and beyond. In my short time blogging, I have felt joy and great disappointment with so many of you. What an honour.

Today I am overjoyed because a dear Twitter and bloggy friend, Lisa, is going to pick up her baby boy from the hospital. Lisa has taught me a lot over the past year about adoption, about the ups and downs that go with it, about disappointment, about waiting, and starting over. Lisa has taught me lessons in patience and most of all in hope. I am so thrilled for her that her time has come and she now gets to fulfill all her dreams of motherhood.

You can read her story and send your good wishes to her by visiting her blog.

Lisa and I both share a mutual love and fascination for this. Yes, Internetz, that is totally an Ewok Village playset from back in the day! I was trying secretly to locate one that I could send to her, but on eBay they are super expensive, sadly more than I can afford.

Now before you freak out, I totally know that this is NOT an appropriate toy for a baby. But it's so sweet, Internetz! (I sound like Peter Griffin in my head when I say that.)

My theory? Lisa could totally enjoy this playset herself (she totally would) until her beautiful baby is old enough to enjoy it too.

So I'm throwing this out there to the World Wide Webz - if anyone, anywhere has one of these playsets that they'd be willing to send to a proud new adoptive mama, you will have my undying gratitude. Children of the 80's check your basements, ask your brothers, scour garage sales! Let's totally do this for her!

To sweeten the deal, if you can help me do this, I'll totally send you a pile of sweet treats from Canada! Coffee Crisp, Crunchie bars, hell, even some maple syrup and Tim Horton's coffee!

Congratulations to all who are basking in the joy of pregnancy and motherhood and congratulations to Lisa and to all the other amazing mamas out there!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

What a sweet way to think about your friend on her special day!

Kristin said...

Hey...there is only 1 more day left on this one and the price is still good.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet friend!

I'm sorry I have no idea where to find this toy for you :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey,
I stumbled over your blog today and I just had to tell you I'm enjoying your blog. Your awesome. I became a follower and I'm looking forward to keeping up and leaving comments. I hope you will check out my blog, and become a follower. I have a button, and I'd like to add you to my blog roll. I hope you have a lovely weekend. God Bless You and Yours

http://diaryofhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

Love,
Jess

Allison Tomasek said...

I just stumbled on your blog and I love it!! I followed it and added your button to my adoption blog. I can't wait to get to know you better!!

Please feel free to follow me at http:minivanningittodahood.blogspot.com

Allison

Ashley Bryant said...

I love this! How special! I am enjoying your blog. Please follow my IVF Journey at www.ashleybwrites.blogspot.com

thanks!

Three Cats and a Baby said...

Haha! I just saw this for the first time. You are so sweet. I am so lucky to have you as a friend. Thank you.

I Blog With Conceive

Favourite Blog

Legal Stuff

Oh hey there. Just a friendly reminder that this is my own personal blog, written and edited by yours truly. Any views expressed are my own. I know they say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but hey, if you really like something on here, please send me an email and ask first. I'd do the same for you. Thanks!

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP