Saturday, February 27, 2010

Follicle Follies

I just can't believe it.

Today did not start off as a good day. I had to be up at the crack of dawn for a wanding and some blood work for Day 11. To be up that early on a precious day off isn't exactly my favourite thing, but we all do what we gotta do, right?

As I set off to the fertility clinic I was greeted with a true Canadian snow storm. Driving was just awful. Even the main roads had yet to be plowed and so I set off, white knuckled, praying that I didn't spin out, get stuck, or end up being horribly late.

Success! I made it to the ultrasound clinic in one piece and all looked good. Of course that was until I had to wait for an hour. Yes, an HOUR. Their computer system was down and things were chaotic to say the least and somehow they managed to mix up my appointment time with someone else's. Once we got that all sorted, I got wanded and it was off for blood work.

Are you sensing a pattern here?

My beloved Nurse Awesome wasn't in the clinic today so I had one of the other nurses do my blood. She couldn't find the vein in my arm. Lovely. This was after being stabbed a couple of times. Ouch. She then opted for my hand which was not pleasant, but at least it got the job done!

All this and no coffee yet! The roads were still so horrible when I was finished with all my fertility fun that plans to stop for a coffee and a bite to eat were dismissed for another white knuckle drive home.

My goodness, what a day! But even with all that dramz, Internetz, I'm feeling hopeful. My lazy left ovary now is sporting three (yes three!) maturing follicles and the right now has one!

I go back Monday for yet another wanding and I'm anticipating that by mid-week we may be good to go with the dIUI.

All this said, I'm beginning to wonder if these really are my ovaries?! I'm not used to multiple follicles here! Yay!

38 comments:

Jules AF said...

A wanding? I'm new here....

Anonymous said...

That is great news about your follicles!! It's crazy the things we do...getting up early on a Saturday morning during a snow storm just to get jabbed with a needle and violated by wandy. All for a good cause though. :)

Anonymous said...

Boob Nazi-internal ultrasound with Wandy ;-)

I am so excited about your follicles!!!! Grow follies, grow!

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear about your follies! Grow follies grow! Sucks driving in the snow, I would have made DH drive me. :)

jenicini said...

Go lefty! Glad you made it there safely.

Michelle said...

Awesome news! WTG follies.

Baby On Mind said...

What a sucky way to start a day. Glad your follies are behaving. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle!

Sass said...

You tell your body to behave...and that includes those follies!!
Or else there will be a stabbing involved...

Good luck for next week!!!!

x

Kristin said...

Wooohoooo, good news abounds! Good luck with your next appointment.

Sarah said...

Yay! The wandings are proving to be worth it! :) I'm glad your follies aren't actin' immature :) Great news! Go you, for braving the snowstorm...write that down in the "Look What I Did For You Baby Book."

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the follicles! How exciting!

Fran said...

It's all down to the horrible IM!! you gotta love them now!
I'm so happy for you, that's the perfect number of follicles for an IUI!! I have a great feeling my friend, great feeling...

Love, Fran

BigP's Heather said...

Your poor arm and hand!!! I hate when they have to dig around and drawing blood from the hand - OUCH!

YAY for follies!!

Anonymous said...

After a day with much craziness it ended up with great results. yea follies!

Anonymous said...

I agree with PP, glad your bad day ended with great results!

Allison said...

Oh, the lengths we go to...

I'm sure the mess of the day was worth it to get the good news about your follies. Hooray! Good luck next week!

Allison said...

Oh, the lengths we go to...

I'm sure the mess of the day was worth it to get the good news about your follies. Hooray! Good luck next week!

Courtney said...

Stupid snow, I'm here in Michigan so I know how crazy the show can be.

So glad to hear about your follies. Grow follies grow!!!

*hugs*

women:s health and fertility said...

Good luck with your IUI, great that there are some good follicles there! BTW I am always impressed by the number of variations of infertility medical terminology that women have created...i.e. BFP/BFN,DH,TTC, & "wanding" **:)** You have humor in the face of adversity that us males lack!

Maggie said...

Good luck for next week! Glad you made it there safely!

Andrea said...

Looks like your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, turned out to be OKAY :)

Yippee for FOLLIES! That's fantastic! I'm seeing a trend, as the past 3 blogs I have commented on have had good news!

HUGS

Suzanne Westover said...

This began as a Lady Bloggers Tea party visit, but I plan on staying awhile. Say hello to your newest follower, and fan. Love your writing and your humour. Also, have I found a fellow Canuck? You mention a Canadian snowstorm...??
If so, Go Canada! If not, um, nevermind.
See you soon,

Suzanne

Courtney said...

YAY!! go follies! Good luck w/this iui!

Shanny said...

Yay follies! Grow, grow, grow! GL =)

Anonymous said...

Great news. You can send some of that weather my way if you like. I'll take a few more weeks of winter!!
www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you had a great response to those nasty shots. This is looking to be a great cycle for you! Wishing you the best!

junebug said...

Awesome! Hip Hip Horay! - times 3. :-)

Browniris said...

I'm glad things look so great! Good luck this week!

ICLW

AL said...

Three follies!! Awesome! Best of luck next week.

zengirl said...

Sounds like your life is filled with as much drama as mine! Yay for your follies though! All the best for the coming week FC! I'm sending some zen vibes your way...... Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

The mad woman behind the blog said...

Go follies Go! I'm here from Adventures in Mommyville...and what a coincidence to have found you today. I too had an early morning wanding and blood work. We're triggering tomorrow or tuesday for egg farming this week...implant next week.
Its a strange experience isn't it?

I'm crossing my fingers for both of us!

Anonymous said...

Holly foxy follicles Batman! Congrats.

..Soo.See.. said...

Hoping for a great appointment today, girl!! And woot for multiple follies!!

Megan said...

Woohoo for multiple follicles!! Very excited for you! I hope everything goes well! Keeping you in my thoughts

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Yay follies!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Grow follies grow!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

YAY for good follies! So exciting!!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome project! it's a nice blog... web application

I Blog With Conceive

Favourite Blog

Legal Stuff

Oh hey there. Just a friendly reminder that this is my own personal blog, written and edited by yours truly. Any views expressed are my own. I know they say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but hey, if you really like something on here, please send me an email and ask first. I'd do the same for you. Thanks!

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP