Let me just say, yet again, that if it wasn't for this blog and the land of Twitter, yours truly would likely be a basket case by now.
Okay, okay. More of a basket case than I already am. Thanks to all of you for your good wishes and to all of the ladies on Twitter that entertained me and listened to my incessant rambling about there not being one hot doctor in the vicinity of the hospital (Seriously, WTF is up with that?!) while waiting the necessary two hours for my glucose intolerance (aka: The "No, I'm NOT pregnant" diabetes) test.
You'll be pleased to note the following:
1. I survived both needles for blood work like a trooper in spite of them having to "dig" to find a vein for the first one.
2. I did not pull a "Chunk" and barf the sugary orange liquid all over the hospital floor causing a chain reaction of barfing in the lab.
3. I was not a complete beast to the lab technicians.
4. I was only asked once if this test was for pregnancy. The irony? I was told I was “lucky” because now I’d only have to have two needles instead of three. Yeah, I’m ever so lucky, eh?
5. Irish Boy survived unscathed – even when he drank a hot chocolate and ate a doughnut in front of me during my two hour wait. (To be fair, the poor guy was up at the crack of dawn to drive me to this appointment in the city, so it’s only fair he got to eat.)
All in all, it wasn’t THAT bad. The sugary drink was no treat but honestly it kind of reminded me of a melted orange Mr. Freezee. Not eating for a good 10+ hours and then having to wait over 2 more before finally eating and drinking again wasn’t too much fun either, but again, not impossible. Dare I say that were I have to ever do it again, I could without any major anxieties.
So now we wait. I won’t know my results for a couple of weeks until I go back to see the PCOS Specialist.
In the meantime, I’m debating putting myself back on my 1500 mg of Metformin. This is the dosage that the fertility clinic prescribed and I know it’s a lower dosage for me so it’s not like I’m over medicating. Also? I feel just crap without my Met, so I figured I’d go back on it until the Specialist tells me otherwise. Am I crazy to do this? I know I’d have the fertility clinic's okay.
Thoughts Internetz? I know I’m not a doctor, but I like to play one on my blog. Besides, I’m pretty sure that in this case, going back on Metformin (at least temporarily) will make me feel a lot better.