So I saw the Naturopathic Doctor on Monday. She was wonderful. I was kind of skeptical going in, but I really liked what she had to say and was also pleased that she was very supportive of the fertility treatments I was trying and the fact that I was taking Metformin. These all added positive check marks in my books.
After an extensive conversation about my health history, family history, etc., she felt my pulse from my wrists and examined my tongue. From this, she declared that I was "damp" (I feel dirty already!) and recommended 3 different undas to take 3 times a day. Not sure what an unda is? Check it out here.
So I'm downing those three times daily (nasty, nasty things!) and I start acupuncture next week.
The ND recommended that I consider taking the summer off of ttc to start letting her treatments do their thing. Now to be clear - if Irish Boy and I are determined to keep going on this fertility roller coaster, she's supportive of that and will work around the treatments. But her opinion is to make my break a little longer than I had anticipated.
So, being a true Libra and HORRIBLE at making decisions, I need feedback!
To help you out, here are some pros and cons I can think of:
- Maybe the break will let the naturopathic treatments kick in and maybe that will make a difference for us?
- We'd likely have to take a break in July anyways because of travel commitments so would giving up August too be that big of a deal?
- I really need to get my ass in gear and lose some weight and take better care of my health. These slower summer months might make that easier - and surely that's gotta help ttc?
- My insurance will likely cover one (maybe two) more injectible cycles and then our coverage is done and we're on our own. So would it be better to wait and have all our ducks lined up to maybe give us a better shot (ooh, an unintended pun - heh)?
- Just had saline sonogram and have read that sometimes pregnancy is achieved in the three months following it. If I break - could I miss my chance?
- What if the eggs I potentially ovulate in the months I'm taking a break (this is assuming of course that I do ovulate on my own!) is one of the ones that it would take to get me pregnant? Irish Boy and I have no chance of conceiving on our own (male factor) so there's no chance of miraculously getting pregnant on our break.
- If I break for this long, how will I ever buck myself up again for the injections, etc. Honestly, it's a mental game for me and I have to be psyched up. I don't want to lose my momentum.
- What if the naturopathic treatments and/or losing weight don't make a difference anyways and I just blew three months?