Sunday, June 21, 2009

Escape

Confession time. For the past 24 hours I have not thought about infertility, ttc, taking a break, or any of it. I haven't surfed my usual infertility sites. I haven't over-analyzed possible ovulation symptoms. Not once. It has been nothing short of sheer bliss.

My cousin and her husband and their daughter came up for the night and the three girls headed off for an evening of theatre! I love the theatre. LOVE it. Wish I had more money to spend going to all sorts of shows all the time. I love the way it gives me goosebumps, I love the hush that falls over a crowd when the lights dim, I love the music, the costumes, the sets. I love everything about it.

The show last night was a fun romp - upbeat, happy, boy loves girl, boy gets girl, boy and girl conquer all. Then afterwards, seeing my cousin's young daughter squeal with delight as she got autographs from members of the cast as they posed for pictures was just fantastic. I happened to know one of the guys in the cast - a great guy - the kind of person that seems to just make you feel like you're standing in the sunshine. It was like being in heaven for one night.

Back at home later that night and a few glasses of wine later the four adults did what we do best - just hang out and talk about nothing. I love my cousin to death. She's one of two cousins that I have - we're from a ridiculously small family and we're super close. Since I'm an only child, she and her brother are as close to siblings as I can get.

The night wasn't perfect. Dog #1 peed all over the guest bed (OMFG - I KNOW!), Irish Boy and my cousin's husband got ridiculously giddy on beers (since they hung out at home while we kept it classy at the theatre), and we all went to bed way too late and were up way too early.

But this weekend was a fantastic escape. And it reminds me that sometimes it's okay to disappear for a while.

3 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Sounds like you had an AMAZING weekend! Good for you! I hope you week is ALMOST as amazing.
*HUGS*

Wishing 4 One said...

We all need an escape from our productive woes sometimes. You know what, I think its time for me to take one myself here soon. Thanks for sharing your awesome weekend with us.

sunflowerchilde said...

You're absolutely right, it's totally ok to disappear for a while. And to drink wine in the meantime =) Those days off of thinking about ttc rock. When you can actually manage to not think about it.

I Blog With Conceive

Favourite Blog

Legal Stuff

Oh hey there. Just a friendly reminder that this is my own personal blog, written and edited by yours truly. Any views expressed are my own. I know they say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but hey, if you really like something on here, please send me an email and ask first. I'd do the same for you. Thanks!

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP